Hanging out at the Dairy

Hanging out at the Dairy
Darci(far left) & the Wrights at the Creamery

Friday, March 4, 2011

Huevos Rancheros are for dinner too!




Sometimes we have breakfast for dinner depending on time, mood or leftovers. I had some beans from last night's dinner and was duely inspired to use them as Huevos Rancheros, or "Ranch Eggs".  I started off with toasting these great corn tortillas, available at Sunny Farms and Safeway locally on my heavy bottom skillet for a few minutes on each side, using medium high heat.

Same skillet,  I then sauteed half of an organic sweet onion, medium chop with about a pound of the FANTASTIC Chorizo Sausage made expertly by the afore mentioned talented staff at Sunny Farms' Meat Dept. To the pan I added several cracks of fresh ground pepper and 1 Tablespoon each; dried cumin & dried cilantro, and 1lb grass fed organic ground beef from my family's farm (to lighten the richness of the Chorizo).

Nash's Store has some fresh organic eggs from Dry Creek, outside of Port Angeles which I poached lightly. I assembled the toasted tortiallas (2 each plate), smeared with warmed leftover beans, about 1/2 c. Chorizo mixture, 2 poached eggs and some Sriracha Chili Sauce (zippy but only slightly spicy-available in Asian Grocers...we got our's @ Ely's store next to Ely's Cafe in Sequim).

Hubby and I enjoyed one of his famous Bartender's Cadillac Margaritas with this meal (Sauza, lime juice, splash orange liquier, cranberry juice)
 Muy bien Amigos!

No comments: