Hanging out at the Dairy

Hanging out at the Dairy
Darci(far left) & the Wrights at the Creamery

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Dinner at the Ulin's

So today's weather was kind of gloomy and rainy. so I decided on comfort food for Sunday Dinner. I brined (3hrs)some of Sunny Farm's amazingly delicious Natural Chicken Thighs in organic Sea Salt, dried cumin, and dried thyme. To that I added some fresh sliced ginger,a few Meyer lemons(haved and squeezed into the gallon ziploc) and garlic from Nash's. Covered chix in tap water, closed the ziploc and chilled for three hrs. The drained chickens hit my preheated propane grill after brushing off the remaining snow.  Who cares about a little snow...we're year round grillers here at Chez Ulin!
To that complete our Sunday Dinnner menu, I sauteed some yummy fresh organic bok choy and arugula rab from Nash's Store and came from his local gardens too if my memory serves. I did the arugula first in a hot saute pan with some olive oil turning quickly and finish w a nice aged balsamic from Costco and some fresh cracked pepper. The bok choy followed in the same hot skillet, with a splash more olive oil,  after being cut in half and placed cut side down with an additional splash of Toasted Sesame Seed Oil from Trader Joes. Did I mention that we STILL DON'T HAVE ONE IN/CLOSE TO SEQUIM YET!!!! Oops...kind of hit a sore spot there...back to bok choy...covered saute pan with lid for a minute or so, turned with long tongs and covered again for 30 secs or so. Arugula rabe was peppery and sweet with the Balsamic and the Bok Choy juice as can be with a nice sear. Nice commpliments to the chicken! Bravo to Sunny Farms and Nash's teams for making my culinary endevours so rewarding! Bravo!

No comments: