Hanging out at the Dairy

Hanging out at the Dairy
Darci(far left) & the Wrights at the Creamery

Saturday, February 26, 2011

1st Entry -2nd attempt

So I love food am a pretty good cook/baker but a technie, I am not. Please stick with me while I navigate this new medium in an attempt to share my love for food, local purveyors and my inspirations.

My Grandma Effie really started it all for me from childhood. She loved to cook and the more mouths the better! I learned to love good ingrediants, to showcase them for optimal flavor and to share that experience with others. Her hazy, steam filled kitchen on our family farm in Forks was her command central. Now inch of table top appeared vacant as she set platter, pitcher, plates down for us all to consume. She hovered over us making sure that we were well nourished; mind, body and spirit. We never her table wanting for more of anything...2nds, 3rds, laughs, chores around the farm. My little rubber boots would race to her house to take my place by her side and I could often smell what was already in her cast iron skillets long before reaching her door. Those meals were lovingly prepared and savoured as she tended "her flock" at her table. I hope to share with you that love of food that she bestowed upon me. I am so blessed to have recieved it and will "tend to my flock" to help feed your love of food; mind, body and soul

No comments: