Hanging out at the Dairy

Hanging out at the Dairy
Darci(far left) & the Wrights at the Creamery

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Rainshadow Coffee Roasting Company

The coffee is now flowing at Rainshadow Coffee Roasting Company! The paper is off the windows and open for business while the espresso bar and coffee counters are being built (I like to watch a work in progress!). My son Alan and I stopped by yesterday and visited with Don Batcheller (owner) who is hard at work creating his new coffee shop and coffee roasting operation on 157 West Cedar Street in Sequim, WA. The shop looks across the street at Sequim City Hall and has fantastic light from a bank of windows, tempting baked goods, bistro tables and some fun board games. Alan and I played checkers while I sipped a lovely cup of fresh brewed Ethiopian drip coffee. Don likes a "big" cup of coffee; brewed to specifically let much of the coffee's natural oils and flavor into your cup through the brewing process. You don't have to be a coffee purist to enjoy the experience but if you are, Don is a man of great coffee passion!


 Thanks for the great cup of joe Don~we'll be back soon for another cup and to watch your shop evolve!  My son Alan and I give it a big "thumbs up!"

No comments: